[opensource-dev] TPV & opensim & physics prediction

Dzonatas Sol dzonatas at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 13:12:54 PST 2010

I had this question but didn't see a response to it at all: "So, are
they saying they don't want physics prediction? "

To me, a direct protocol, with a TLD, like "opens.im" , would help
enable physics prediction where two or more simulator share the same
dataset for a single region. There are exponential reasons why, so I
only have avoided to describe all potential possibilities.

The issue of latency seems like a major concern for ALL users, not just
those who invest in a grid server.

As I started this conversion, I brought up the UUCP domain, as it
traditionally shows the foundation of p2p networks and how to share
datasets with simple copy programs. Look at all the traffic on USENET
that was still delivered to all nodes even on what we would consider now
the slowest of computers and data connections. People used a similar
VIEWER<->UUCP<->UUCP<->VIEWER to read news and distribute all the datasets.

It worked. It is still free and open.

All what we really want to do is add a 3D renderer and physics
simulator. Everything else is already open source, patented, RFC'd, and etc.

Also, since "prims" are in-world, we also just want to add an "in-world
DNS" that is not controlled by a "out-of-world IANA" -- I don't think
this was acknowledged. Some can simply think of an LSL script in-world
that acted as the DNS program, if that helps clarify.