[opensource-dev] "Second-Party" viewer policy (was: Third party viewer policy)

Soft Linden soft at lindenlab.com
Thu Feb 25 14:29:14 PST 2010

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 3:37 PM, Jay Reynolds Freeman
<jay_reynolds_freeman at mac.com> wrote:

> But what if there is no "third party"?  What if I develop a modified version of the SL viewer all by myself, and use it to log in to the SL servers, but do not distribute either source or binary for it?  Since there is no additional, "third" party involved in the creation and use of this viewer, it would appear that nothing in the "Linden Lab Policy on Third-Party Viewers" applies to it or to me.

The FAQ and revised TPV, coming soon, will address this directly.
There are some terms in there that don't apply if you aren't putting
the viewer in the registry, and they will be identified as such. Most
apply to any third-party viewer however, even if you aren't
distributing it.