[opensource-dev] Third party viewer policy

Carlo Wood carlo at alinoe.com
Thu Feb 25 16:45:49 PST 2010

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 03:35:06PM +0100, Henri Beauchamp wrote:
> "Hello Henri,
>
> Thank you for contacting us regarding your issue.
>
> I am sorry but we can only offer support on issues with the official
> SL viewer.
>
> We do not support any third party viewer as we are not responsible
> for their software.
>
> If you experience the issue with the official viewer then we will
> assist to the best of our ability.

The only reasonable response to THIS, is faking a random
MAC address in order to connect (if that is really the
problem here). If they don't want to help, then you gotta
help yourself.

Seriously though, ... I imagine a not-so-smart person
reading your technical support request and having no
idea what you talk about. "MAC address? What is that?
libomv light? Uh uh". Fortunately the phrase "text-only
viewer" got through and brought a smile back on her
face: pull-down menu, default response *click*. NEXT!
"Oh, I'm so good at my work; dealing with like 5 requests
per minute!".

--
Carlo Wood <carlo at alinoe.com>