[opensource-dev] Build problems with Snowglobe 2 source

Sheet Spotter sheet.spotter at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 20:58:16 PST 2010

After commenting out the entire "if (LL_TESTS)" section at the bottom of
"indra/newview/CMakeLists.txt" the linker still had unresolved symbols.

It's my guess that "llcapabilitylistener.cpp" should be added to the
"CMakeLists.txt" section that starts with "set(viewer_SOURCE_FILES".

Manually adding the "llcapabilitylistener.cpp" source file to the VS2005
project allowed me to compile and run again, but there are still some build
issues. The "package" project produces the following output:

1>Processing ../win_crash_logger/RelWithDebInfo/windows-crash-logger.exe =>
win_crash_logger.exe ... 1 files
1>Processing ../win_updater/RelWithDebInfo/windows-updater.exe =>
updater.exe ... 1 files
1>Traceback (most recent call last):
1>  File "C:/SLSource/SnowglobeV2/indra/newview/viewer_manifest.py", line
999, in <module>
1>    main()
1>  File
"C:/SLSource/SnowglobeV2/indra/newview\../lib/python/indra/util\llmanifest.p
y", line 237, in main
1>    wm.do(*args['actions'])
1>  File
"C:/SLSource/SnowglobeV2/indra/newview\../lib/python/indra/util\llmanifest.p
y", line 664, in do
1>    method()
1>  File "C:/SLSource/SnowglobeV2/indra/newview/viewer_manifest.py", line
563, in package_finish
1>    self.run_command('"' + proper_windows_path(NSIS_path) + '" ' +
self.dst_path_of(tempfile))
1>TypeError: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'NoneType' objects
1>Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Generating
RelWithDebInfo/touched.bat"

I guess it's possible this build problem is self inflicted by the edits I
made to "CMakeLists.txt".

Sheet Spotter