[opensource-dev] [Fwd: [realXtend] Presentation of naali viewer and realXtend to AW Groupies...]

Lawson English lenglish5 at cox.net
Fri Feb 26 13:33:31 PST 2010

For anyone who has an interest in SL viewers that are not part of the
Linden Lab GPL tree, we've invited developers from the realXtend project
to make a presentation to the AW Groupies this Tuesday at 8:30 AM SLT
(to allow for a rather large time zone difference).

http://www.realxtend.org/

We are hoping to have a large, technically minded (for the most part)
audience who are prepared to ask tough questions.  Non-techies are
certainly welcome to come and ask questions as well.  The topic should
be about both programming and non-programming issues.

IM me, Saijanai Kuhn, in-world sometime before the meeting in order to
get a group invite to get to the island. Zha generally opens the island
to non-members during these presentations, but in case something goes
wrong, its easier to be part of the group, at least during the meeting.
That way you can participate in the group chatter as well.

That will be 8:30AM SLT this coming Tuesday. 6:30 PM EET.

at http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/ThorneBridgeTown/156/129/24

This was sent to the realXtend list:

Toni has said he can make it to the Groupies meeting this coming Tuesday
at 8:30 AM SLT (6:30 PM EET I believe) and Zha Ewry says she can ensure
it will be available at that time.

It would certainly be great to have more than one person there from
realXtend. When we invited the Open Cobalt team, we ended up asking
enough questions to overwhelm just one person.

Also, whoever comes should understand that the range of questions is HUGE:
we have people who use SL for education and handicap-access that might
be attending. Likewise, the metanomics team sometimes attends. Other
viewer developers are often around, as well as Lindens and contributors
to OpenSim from IBM and so on. If I work on it, I can probably fill up
the sim (80 avatars) with interested people with enough background to
ask decent questions, both about the programming and your long-term
plans for how realxtend might be used.

So anyone who wants to attend and help answer questions about naali and
realxtend should feel free to give me (Saijanai Kuhn) an IM in Second
Life so I can invite you to the island for the presentation.

That will be 8:30AM SLT this coming Tuesday. 6:30 PM EET.

at http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/ThorneBridgeTown/156/129/24

Hope to see you all there.

Lawson English (Saijanai Kuhn in Second Life)

http://www.realxtend.org