[opensource-dev] FAQ posted for Third Party Viewer Policy

Ann Otoole missannotoole at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 27 12:43:14 PST 2010

So basically I cannot grant export for use in other grids licenses and must instead use some sort of a tool to export the assemblies myself and market them outside of SL as import packages. That seems to be problematic but more so it appears LL is attempting to deny the right to export any of your own work, licensed for intergrid use, for use elsewhere.

We need the authorized viewer exports to include the texture binaries for textures and sculpties, that we uploaded ourselves, in the exports so the import packages will be complete and not dependent upon the LL asset system via UUID.

And I expect the textures sold in SL intended for download and modification to be made in world use only and texture sellers will have to begin distribution of textures for derivative use outside SL. The question arises why should texture artists sell in SL or on xstreet at all at this point. LL is going to cut off revenue sources.