[opensource-dev] Fwd: Google Street View in Second Life

Giulio Prisco gp1 at metafuturing.com
Sun Feb 28 11:46:04 PST 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Giulio Prisco <gp1 at metafuturing.com>
Date: Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 8:37 PM
Subject: Google Street View in Second Life
To: "SL Educators (The SLED List)" <educators at lists.secondlife.com>,
sldev at lists.secondlife.com

Any idea on how to convert this very simple example into a working
implementation of Street View in SL? Sounds doable.

http://giulioprisco.blogspot.com/2010/02/google-street-view-in-second-life.html

Google Street View in Second Life. A very preliminary experiment with
Second Life Viewer 2.0. Watch this video on blip.tv where my Second
Life avatar walks (well, sort of) in Street View's NYC.

Perhaps with some clever coding we can implement Street View as a
fully interactive multiuser metaverse within Second Life, by
converting avatar movement (walk, rotate, look around) to clicks and
drags on a surrounding Street View display. Sounds doable.

--
Giulio Prisco
gp at metafuturing.com (remove 1)