[opensource-dev] Wiki build instructions

Philippe (Merov) Bossut merov at lindenlab.com
Fri Jul 9 19:38:10 PDT 2010

Hi,

As a side project this week, I did go through the *whole* process of
building Snowglobe from scratch on Mac OS X and Windows, updating the wiki
as I went:
   https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Compiling_the_viewer_%28Mac_OS_X%29
   https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Microsoft_Windows_Builds

Those links are available from:
   https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Get_source_and_compile

I factored some of the common things (download of the artwork and library
bundle) in:
   https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Version_control_repository

Which is of course linked from the 2 build instruction pages.

Whew! I think it's good now. Reviews and comments of course welcome. Please
try to keep things as simple and straightforward as possible so that first
time builders are not drown in information.

If someone could use those as templates and update the Linux page (
https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Compiling_the_viewer_%28Linux%29), that'd
be great!

Cheers,
- Merov