[opensource-dev] TeamCity build production

Philippe (Merov) Bossut merov at lindenlab.com
Wed Jul 21 19:00:40 PDT 2010

Hi,

I went through the whole export and build system again on TeamCity and fixed
everything that was strictly build script and TeamCity config related.
artwork bundles that were empty since the swtich to TeamCity (7/12). This
has been fixed and exports since yesterday starting with build 207152 are
producing correct bundles. One note: the name of the bundle is a bit
confusing since it has "viewer-2-0" in it while the version is
"2.1.0.xxxxx". This is because the internal hg branch I'm using is named
that way. This will become "viewer-public" once we merge the export script
there.
- Binary posting: the 1.x trunk (1.4) and 2.x trunk (2.1) were both dropped
in "viewer-source-downloads/2010/trunk" and could end up overwriting each
other. I fixed that by forcing the 1.x trunk in "2009" since it's what its
svn branch says.
- 1.4 Build posting: those were dropped in lala S3 land and unreachable
because of some svn client issue on TeamCity. Fixed.
- Email notification subject: I fixed the "Build ()" blank notification
subject to mention the branch and revision and added the "year" (2009/2010)
so we can easily spot the 1.x (2009) from the 2.x (2010) notifications

We still have issues with the Mac executable produced, both for 1.x and 2.x
(different issues) but those are code (2.x) or build option (1.x) issues,
not TeamCity issues.

I hope we'll seen a full "green" production cycle with downloadable and
usable binaries tomorrow.

Thanks for your patience.

- Merov