[opensource-dev] the last press release...

Lance Corrimal Lance.Corrimal at eregion.de
Thu Jun 10 02:12:26 PDT 2010

... "According to Kingdon, the restructuring also better aligns Linden Lab
with its two longer-term goals.  First, the company aims to create a browser-
based virtual world experience, eliminating the need to download software.
Secondly, Linden Lab will look to extend the Second Life experience into
popular social networks. "Ultimately, we want to make Second Life more
accessible and relevant to a wider population," he said."

I guess that means the axe for "the opensource commitment" as well...

would anyone guess to put a timeframe on this?

I'd have to renew my premium account in 2 weeks but I would hate to waste the
money on a flash game.