[opensource-dev] the last press release...

Philippe (Merov) Bossut merov at lindenlab.com
Thu Jun 10 10:29:02 PDT 2010

Hi,

I'll make this short.

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 2:12 AM, Lance Corrimal
<Lance.Corrimal at eregion.de>wrote:

> I guess that means the axe for "the opensource commitment" as well...

No, not at all. Commitment to our residents, developers and FLOSS developers
in particular are still unchanged. You will continue to see fresh viewer
code, more development made in the open and more collaboration with the
FLOSS community. We do have fewer employees no doubt but that doesn't change
our core values in any way.

As for speculation of all kind in the rest of this thread, I'll just remind
folks 3 simple things:
- Companies do go through ups and downs, growth and contraction. It is the
duty of the management to run a private company with fiscal responsibility.
- Lindens are real people. They care about their customers and take pride in
their work. It is very distressing for them (whether they have been let go
or not) to see their name associated with controversies and unfounded
speculation. Remember that this list is publicly archived and that your
comment may have real impact on the real life of real people, like their
ability to find a job.
- Last but not least, this is a mailing list aimed at discussing viewer
development and the SL open source code. We have policies and guidelines (
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/OpenSource-Dev). Please respect them.

Thanks,
- Merov