[opensource-dev] [LINUX,DOCS] libc6-dev-i386 needed to build on Ubuntu?

Opensource Obscure open at autistici.org
Fri Jun 18 15:19:57 PDT 2010

Is libc6-dev-i386 needed to build the viewers on Linux Ubuntu?

it is, according to the wiki, but it seems this package
it's not present in current release 10.04 (but it looks like
it existed in previous Ubuntu releases)

$ apt-cache search libc6-dev
libc6-dev - Embedded GNU C Library: Development Libraries and Header Files
libc6-dev-amd64 - GNU C Library: 64bit Development Libraries for AMD64

I did some searches and I suspect it may be required on
Debian only, but I'm not sure at all.
I'm in the process of setting up my system and right now
I couldn't be able to build the viewer myself anyway so
I would appreciate a comment by other Ubuntu users.

@oobscure