[opensource-dev] [LINUX, DOCS] libc6-dev-i386 needed to build on Ubuntu?

Opensource Obscure open at autistici.org
Mon Jun 21 08:04:37 PDT 2010

On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 13:08:29 +0100, Tofu Linden <tofu at lindenlab.com>
wrote:
> Opensource Obscure wrote:
>> Is libc6-dev-i386 needed to build the viewers on Linux Ubuntu?
>
> The -i386 version shouldn't specifically be necessary.  The libc6-dev
> version should be good.  If you can build a 'hello world' C app then
> you can probably stop worrying about this particular package.
>
> Hope that helps.
> -Tofu

yeah, thanks! after I set up the rest of my system and
I applied the SNOW-505 patch ( http://bit.ly/c6Xn2h ),
I managed to compile a working Snowglobe from rev. 3429.

I updated the wiki page and removed the libc6-dev-i386 reference.
https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Compiling_the_viewer_(Linux)

Opensource Obscure