[opensource-dev] [HELP] Unable to get Snowglobe to invoke custom media plugin

Venkatesh Sivaraj venkat.sivaraj at gmail.com
Sat Jun 26 08:53:59 PDT 2010

Hello All,
            I'm trying to build a custom media rendering plug-in to display
powerpoint presentations in-world. For starters, I'm trying to get the
HelloWorld plug-in described in the documentation working. As per the
instructions, I've declared a new entry for the "helloworld"scheme in the
mime_types.xml file. But what I observe while debugging is that the viewer
associates the helloworld://foo url with a mime type of
"video/vnd.secondlife.qt.legacy" and hence invokes the Quicktime plug-in
instead of the HelloWorld plug-in.

I'm sure I'm missing something here. I'm just not able to figure out what
exactly is missing since I'm new to C++, Visual Studio and CMake :( (I come
from a Java background).

I followed the instructions at
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Getting_Started_Developing_Media_Rendering_Plugins#Creating_your_own_Hello_World_plugin.
<http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Getting_Started_Developing_Media_Rendering_Plugins#Creating_your_own_Hello_World_plugin>
I tested the plug-in on the plug-in test app and it works just fine. I'm not
able to get the plug-in running in-world. I see the following in the logs

INFO: LLViewerMediaImpl::navigateTo: NOT LOADING media id=
8b5fec65-8d8d-9dc5-cda8-8fdf2716e361 url=helloworld://foo
mime_type=video/vnd.secondlife.qt.legacy
INFO: LLViewerMediaImpl::navigateInternal: media id=
8b5fec65-8d8d-9dc5-cda8-8fdf2716e361 url=helloworld://foo
mime_type=video/vnd.secondlife.qt.legacy
INFO: LLViewerMedia::getCurrentUserAgent: SecondLife/2.0.0.0 (Snowglobe Test
Build; default skin)
INFO: LLViewerMediaImpl::loadURI: Asking media source to load URI:
helloworld://foo
WARNING: LLVoiceClient::stateMachine: ONCE (100th time seen): region doesn't
have ProvisionVoiceAccountRequest capability!
WARNING: LLVoiceClient::stateMachine: ONCE (100th time seen): region doesn't
have ParcelVoiceInfoRequest capability.  This is normal for a short time af
ter teleporting, but bad if it persists for very long.
INFO: LLTexLayerSetBuffer::onTextureUploadComplete: Baked texture upload
took 4724 ms
INFO: LLVOAvatarSelf::setNewBakedTexture: New baked texture: head-baked
UUID: 61d84103-1999-caa9-280b-0b2b8b02350f
INFO: LLAgent::sendAgentSetAppearance: TAT: Sent AgentSetAppearance:
head-baked_baked upper-baked_baked lower-baked_baked eyes-baked skirt-baked
hair-ba
ked_baked
INFO: LLPluginProcessParent::receiveMessage: plugin version string:
QuickTime media plugin, QuickTime version 7668000
INFO: LLPluginProcessParent::receiveMessage: message class: base -> version:
1.0
INFO: LLPluginProcessParent::receiveMessage: message class: media ->
version: 1.0
INFO: LLPluginProcessParent::receiveMessage: message class: media_time ->
version: 1.0

While debugging, the mime-type remains as helloworld till a certain point
and somewhere else it is being set to "video/vnd.secondlife.qt.legacy".

Any pointers regarding this is greatly appreciated. Please let me know if
any other information is required too.

--
Regards,

Venkatesh