[opensource-dev] SL 2.0 latest release notes where??

Lance Corrimal Lance.Corrimal at eregion.de
Mon Mar 1 23:24:20 PST 2010

Am Montag 01 März 2010 schrieb Boroondas Gupte:
> Robert Martin schrieb:
> > Okay who hid the release notes for the latest (as of today)
> > SecondLife 2.0 viewer??
>
> from the blog
> <https://blogs.secondlife.com/community/technology/release/blog/201
> 0/03/01/viewer-2-beta-update>: "Aside from the voice SDK, no
>  additional changes were implemented."
>
> The vivox SDK isn't part of the viewer source. So the remaining
>  question is still the difference between the exported, Snowglobe
>  re-branded source and the one used for the official beta builds.

- the snowglobe rebranded source does not build on linux without
manual intervention
- the resulting binary does not work properly (complains about a
broken llwebkit plugin on startup & every time you encounter html on a
prim)

...that enough?

in light of the fact that there IS a linux binary for 2.0 beta, which
works (within the limits of 2.0 beta), without showing the problems
that I've been experiencing with the resulting binary from building
snowglobe 2.0, I can safely assume that there are bigger differences
between snowglobe 2.0 and secondlife 2.0 beta than just a few string
constants in llversionviever.h... way bigger.