[opensource-dev] Script Memory Limits UI

Tony Dodd tony.dodd at btinternet.com
Sun Mar 7 04:11:46 PST 2010

May I ask a probably dumb question here? It's probably been answered but I
can't find the answer now.

Presumably a script uses two resources, the byte code in its assembly and a
slab of memory allocated for its stack/heap. And am I right that the former
can be shared between multiple copies of a script whereas the latter would
have to be allocated separately to each script?

OK, the question is, does the 64K limit refer to both of these together or
just to the stack/heap? If I have a mono script that is quite large but
doesn't allocate any lists, will each instance of that that runs be using up
64K of memory?

If there's an obvious place I should look I apologise but without knowing
this I find it hard to assess how much impact memory limits will have on my
own scripts.

Maldoror Bowman