[opensource-dev] Backport of Tattoo and Alpha support to v1.23 ?

Henri Beauchamp sldev at free.fr
Mon Mar 8 13:23:32 PST 2010

Greetings,

I was wondering if Linden Lab was going to provide an updated v1.23
viewer with tattoo and alpha wearables support ?...
After all, and from LL's own admission, the v1.23 viewer is going to
be officially supported for quite a few more months even after v2.0
goes into production (a good thing, because patching v2.0 to make it
*acceptable* by power users and old timers will take a long while...),
and I think such a feature will be required pretty fast (I can see how
prim-shoes or prim-avatar makers could benefit of it)...

I did some backport work on my side, based on the Snowglobe v2.0
sources: basically, things work (tattoo support is ok, alpha wearing
and rendering is ok), but I still got a problem with alpha editing (as
soon as I change a texture for the alpha in the customize appearance
floater, it corrupts the textures of the skin and eyes wearables).

I'm attaching here the patch I came up so far for v1.23.5, but
I could use the help of one of the Lindens who coded this feature,
and/or of someone with a "new eye" on my patch in order to help me
spot what I missed or overlooked in v2.0 sources (the changes are
many, and it's kind of hard to spot all the related and required
changes among 24Mb of diff, not to mention the guess work around the
texture layering and baking algorithms in each v1.23 and v2.0)...

Henri.

PS: to use the patch, first apply
    slviewer-0-v12350-AlphaAndTattooSupport_v0.patch
    with 'patch -p1' from inside the linden/ source tree, then
    unzip slviewer-0-v12350-AlphaAndTattooSupport-patch.zip