[opensource-dev] Script Memory Limits UI

Ambrosia chaosstar at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 01:05:56 PST 2010

> So, cool, wouldn't it be nice to only allocate what is actually
> requested?

That -is- in the works, with the Small Scripts and Big Scripts
projects. it will allows you to reserve just as much memory as you
need for mono scripts, less than the 64k..or even more. But alas, yes,
time will have to be invested into rewriting things.
Why the process simply doesn't allow you to slip a new
llMaxMemory(amounthere); into the state_entry of a script, and lets
the sim runtime dynamically allocate new memory as the script grows up
to the max..I don't know. it'd be much simpler.

What I personally want is not only a script memory display, but also
script -time-. People need to see how much script time is used up by
the things they wear, the things they create, the things they have on
their mainland parcels uses up. It's ridiculous that one needs to be
friends with a full-fledged Estate Manager to check those things, as
script time affects sim performance just as much as script memory
does.