[opensource-dev] Potential inventory problem?

John Hurliman jhurliman at jhurliman.org
Tue Mar 9 17:06:05 PST 2010

Finally nailed this one down. If you have items in your inventory that have
completely empty permissions (basemask 0, everyonemask 0, currentmask 0,
etc) the viewer will freeze when you open the texture picker dialog. This
appears to affect all released versions of the viewer. The next obvious
question is whether this can be triggered by giving someone a bad item
either directly or through a group attachment or notecard.

I put a sanity check in my OpenSim connector code to look for the red flag
of items with a basemask of 0.

John