[opensource-dev] Request for comments about llSetAgentEnvironment / SVC-5520

Latif Khalifa latifer at streamgrid.net
Wed Mar 10 09:48:26 PST 2010

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 6:42 PM, Kelly Linden <kelly at lindenlab.com> wrote:
> I do believe the
> environment should be promoted to being part of the content and not part of
> the viewer, I think we get more amazing in world experiences that way.

I fully agree. One of the often heard remarks that I hear from users
is how despite how big Second Life is, it's pretty uniform in the way
it looks all over the place. I think implementing region windlight
setting would give us much more varied experience and some truly
awesome builds no doubt. The sad part is that when windlight was
introduced, all the hard work was done in the viewer, and region
setting were said to be coming soon. Compared to what had to be done
to introduce windlight, adding the ability to store it persistently in
regions settings should be trivial.