[opensource-dev] New topic: Snowglobe 2.0 way forward?

Martin Spernau martin at traumwind.de
Wed Mar 10 13:47:42 PST 2010

Am 10.03.2010 um 22:35 schrieb Tigro Spottystripes:
> IMO, windows that are on top of the view like a Heads Up Display feel
> more like they're part of the world, like they are in the same place
> as
> i am, while a bar that makes the world view smaller makes it feel like
> the world view is just a screen showing images on a panel with a bunch
> of controls in it.

It's interesting then that many of the alternate metaverse viewers try
to fully decouple the UI (chat boxes, imventory etc) completly from
the world view window to the point where they are separate windows
(while the Sl viewer still has it 'all in one wndow').
Seen with this view of 'immersion' that seem like not so good an idea...
Thanks for bringing this up, it got me thinking about a few concepts I
had.

-Martin