[opensource-dev] Building Snowglobe 2.0

Soft Linden soft at lindenlab.com
Fri Mar 12 09:23:42 PST 2010

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 9:13 AM, Jeff Eastman
<jdog at windwardsolutions.com> wrote:
> I'm new to this project and have been trying to build Snowglobe 2.0 on
> my Snow Leopard Mac. The download process went fairly smoothly until I
> got to actually running the XCode build. At that point I found many,
> many incorrect OS version dependencies (to OSX 10.4) that I had to fix
> one artifact at a time. As I believe the project structure was built by
> running develop.py I wonder if there is a global way to fix the OS
> dependency so that, the next time I update my source, I won't have to do
> the tedious editing by hand.
>
> Now I have a hard build failure attempting to open
> /linden/indra/build-darwin-i386/llplugin/slplugin/RelWithDebInfo/SLPlugin,
> which does not exist. Any ideas on what I've done wrong?

With XCode 3.2, as provided by Snow Leopard, you will find that
manually setting the compiler version to gcc 4.0 will make most of
your problems go away. (Project->Project Settings->Compiler
Version->GCC 4.0)

You do need the 10.4 sdk installed as well. That's an option when
running the XCode installer. I'm not sure it's part of the default.

For running from the debugger, it may help you to create ~/.gdbinit containing:
handle SIGUSR1 noprint nostop pass

If any of these were the missing piece for you, and if they weren't on
the wiki, please do help with any updates. If you still see bits
missing after reconfiguring and trying the above, there may be more to
fix. Let us know if that's the case too?