[opensource-dev] Snowglobe 2.0^H^H^H1.3 way forward?

Opensource Obscure open at autistici.org
Fri Mar 12 12:58:45 PST 2010

On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 10:40:52 -0800, Soft Linden <soft at lindenlab.com>
wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 10:30 AM, Carlo Wood <carlo at alinoe.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 08:47:57AM -0800, Soft Linden wrote:
>>> With larger features like mesh coming along, know that you'll be
>>> signing up for an awfully large chunk of porting work though.
>>
>> Last time I asked there was nothing being done about mesh.
>> There were no plans and certainly no code!
>
> This was publicly demo'd at SLCC:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swh6gY_dEH0

it was also recently confirmed at SL PRO
http://web.nmc.org/files/2010-slpro/t-linden-chat.html

> I don't know what's been announced since then and don't have a close
> relationship with the graphics guys. I'd hit Runitai's office hours if
> you want to know the current state of everything rendered.

Is Runitai actually holding office hours? It seems not:
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Office_hours
I'd like to participate. May some Linden please ping Runitai?

Viewer2 already includes a new UI feature to set projections,
and it's working, so it's not even a 'secret' feature anymore:
it would be cool to hear something about it, even if you (LL)
didn't officially "launch" this feature yet.

With regard to upcoming, but not-yet implemented feature
as meshes import, I'm assuming that its development model
is going to follow current and future LL's approach - that is
1. design and develop internally/secretely, 2. launch the
feature, 3. release code.
Does this make sense?

opensource obscure