[opensource-dev] Fixing the 2.0 chat bar focus problem?

Ricky kf6kjg at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 17:25:31 PDT 2010

Wow, my POV was that they had finally fixed the problem... :P

To me hitting enter to chat seemed so natural that it wasn''t until I read
the JIRA, and saw the messages on this list, that I'd realized that the
situation had changed.  Like I said above, the prevous functionality would
end up with me slamming my escape key so I could actually go /do/ something.

Another thing I am absolutely enjoying: Arrow keys now actually WORK in the
chatbar: I can fix my typos without having to grab my mouse, or having my
avvie turn/walk/etc. before I noticed that the focus was lost...

Like I said above, let's get this into a Debug Setting ASAP, then discuss
where it should go in the UI.  I know there at least a few who
work differently than I! :)

Ricky
Cron Stardust

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 4:55 PM, Argent Stonecutter <secret.argent at gmail.com