[opensource-dev] Known details of LL 'Firefly' client-side scripting

Dzonatas Sol dzonatas at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 12:37:59 PDT 2010

Somewhere on this list in the past is a discussion about how to sign off
on scripts and such data for distribution. Those points have already
been made.

What the sandbox model does is allow people to setup a default
permission scheme and allow processes to migrate within the sandbox
without the constant nag "do you want to allow this to run on your
computer".

Instead, you get something like facebook that says "program XYZ request
this specific permission, do you allow". If a program doesn't need those
extra permissions then the sandbox model won't nag at all.

If you want to redesign years of study put into the linux emulator, its
permissions, and its protection levels, to make-up your own homebrew
sandbox, then go right ahead and worry about remote execution.