[opensource-dev] "vendor" branch and Snowglobe 2.0

Philippe (Merov) Bossut merov at lindenlab.com
Wed Mar 17 17:52:55 PDT 2010

Hi,

For those following the commit messages, you certainly noticed quite a bit
of commits from that "Merov Linden" bloke recently. What's this all about?

*Short Story
*We have now a "vendor" branch (export of official viewer source code) and
tagged branches. I'm going to continue testing of the commit scripts and,
when done, will flip the switch and drop beta 4.

*Long Story
*I'm pretty much done with all the export script writing now and I'm moving
to make all that live so that updates from the viewer trunk come in more
regularly and automatically. For this though, I needed to create the first
repo "manually" and that's what I did yesterday and today (among other
things), cleaning stuff up and finding a couple of more bugs in my scripts
while at it :/

The result is a "vendor" branch, i.e. a clean export from the viewer 2 0
trunk that we can use to sync Snowglobe 2.0 with whenever we need/want. This
branch is:
    https://svn.secondlife.com/svn/linden/branches/2010/oss-viewer

This will be the "live" vendor branch holding the exported copy of the
internal viewer development trunk.

Since I populated it with the beta 3 bundle, I also created a "tag" for good
measure:
    https://svn.secondlife.com/svn/linden/branches/2010/viewer_2-0_beta3

*Next Step
*I'm going to turn on the commit script before the end of the week (I need
to do some more tests) so expect beta 4 to drop on oss-viewer soon.

Thanks for your patience.

Cheers,
- Merov