[opensource-dev] Snowglobe Mecurial Repository

Carlo Wood carlo at alinoe.com
Fri Mar 19 10:58:49 PDT 2010

Doesn't hg use diff3 in the end, to do the merges?
Every repository does.

The difference between CVS and subversion was that CVS applies
diff3 on the source files, and therefore couldn't deal with
renaming files at all.  Subversion has the provision of remembering
file renaming separately, so it can front-end that for diff3.

hg doesn't add anything in that regard it seems. Surely it
remembers renaming of files, cool-- so does subversion.

What cutting a complete function out of one file and moving it
to a different place in the same file, or moving it to another
file? (function aware).

What about adding namespaces around functions, so that the
functions are the same, but inside a namespace now? (C++ / namespace aware)

What about indenting and other whitespace changes?

Does it do (merge) that? Does it do anything new?

--
Carlo Wood <carlo at alinoe.com>