[opensource-dev] Moving forward with open development

Jason Giglio gigstaggart at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 05:23:08 PDT 2010

Aleric Inglewood wrote:
> It would be totally not-done to then take my code and release it under
> a non-GPL license, most specifically, to release binaries without the
> ability for users to get the source code. That is why I got so upset

To be clear, Linden Lab does still plan to do this.  There will be no
GPL-satisfying code release for the "official viewer".

What they are saying is that they are going to minimize the amount that
the official viewer diverges.

Howard, does LL still want to do things like OnRez where our code is
licensed to third parties for completely closed forks?

-Jason