[opensource-dev] SL2 font problem on linux

Tofu Linden tofu at lindenlab.com
Mon Mar 29 08:58:30 PDT 2010

On your system it's trying to load 103 system fonts for full unicode
coverage (on my system it's 43 fonts, which also seems huge so I
never dreamed of testing with 100+).
Not a huge problem in itself, but the current font system is hugely
wasteful of resources and Linux's font autoprobing can return
arbitrarily long lists of fonts.
In the longer term I'd like to make the font system more efficient (it's
currently loading each of these fonts... multiple times each, for
various sizes and styles :( ) but in the short term for Viewer2
I'll limit the fallback font list to something like the top 20 most
useful system fonts.
Thanks for the report!