[opensource-dev] Open Development project: extending avatar wearables

Philippe (Merov) Bossut merov at lindenlab.com
Mon Mar 29 21:44:09 PDT 2010

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 3:31 PM, Joel Foner <joel.foner at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is a pretty generic question, but I hope it will be helpful.
>
> Under what conditions might it be possible to do a fairly quick to
> release version and then iterate the feature behavior towards
> something more sophisticated, without breaking things?

Nyx stated he wanted to develop this feature "in the open" which means that
he'll be developing in viewer-internal which is exported on each successful
build (so we avoid those breakage) to viewer-external (see
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Repository_Strategy for naming
conventions).

Now, will the feature be always 100% bug free during the course of
development? I bet it won't but that's the nature of developing a
significant feature in the open. I'm also quite sure that Nyx will do all he
can to make that prediction turn wrong :)

Cheers,
- Merov