[opensource-dev] svn viewer-external

Philippe (Merov) Bossut merov at lindenlab.com
Mon Mar 29 22:46:43 PDT 2010

Hi,

We've been moving along turning the export script on. After a couple of
issues of various nature (Linux build, upload to S3, creation of asset URLs
usable externally), we now have a working auto export and commit script for
the vendor branch! Yeah!

Since we also wanted something consistent (and non confusing) with regard
to  the branching doc (see
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Repository_Strategy), we renamed
the branch to:
    https://svn.secondlife.com/svn/linden/branches/2010/viewer-external

Similarly, the asset are uploaded to an S3 location starting at:
    http://secondlife.com/developers/opensource/downloads/viewer-external/

See doc/asset_urls.txt for the complete asset locations as before.

For the moment, we sync with an internal hg repo that is synced with
viewer-2-0 as we do not have yet a viewer-public repo created. Exporting
from this though will be just a matter of flipping a switch in the build
parameters of that branch.

That viewer-external has been updated to beta4 so I also created a tag for
it:
    https://svn.secondlife.com/svn/linden/branches/2010/viewer_2-0_beta4<https://svn.secondlife.com/svn/linden/branches/2010/viewer_2-0_beta3>

Next steps:
- I'll complete the beta5 sync and turn the export switch on definitely
sometime this week.
- Merge of viewer-external to Snowglobe 2.0 trunk
- Back to C++ (at last): go through the backlog of Snowglobe 1.x non merged
patches to produce a true Snowglobe 2.0

Cheers,
- Merov