[opensource-dev] A note on preserving "NO WARRANTY" for SL TPV developers

Marine Kelley marinekelley at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 01:34:44 PDT 2010

Well sure, if I stated that I agree to be responsible for whatever
defect, past present and future, the SL viewer may introduce, but I'm
not crazy, and I doubt anybody else would be either. This is called an
abusive clause and that does not stand in court. Therefore, I do not
see the "no warranty" clause go away, nor us be expected to remove it
ourselves. And therefore I do not see us being sued by users for
whatever bug they may encounter.

But I might be over-optimistic, as usual.