[opensource-dev] A note on preserving "NO WARRANTY" for SL TPV developers

Morgaine morgaine.dinova at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 31 07:46:00 PDT 2010

Tayra, I don't think you understand how law works.

TPV developers cannot appear in a court of law and tell the judge, "Judge,
I'm not liable to this plaintiff, because Tayra Dagostino's interpretation
of the TPV says that it doesn't apply to me."

That's not how law works.

Instead, law operates by examining THE ACTUAL WORDS THAT ARE WRITTEN in a
license or agreement.  And the words that are written in the TPV are the
unconscionable and out-of-control mess that has been detailed here
extensively, as opposed to the blissful mirage of your wishful thinking.

Morgaine.