[opensource-dev] Banning by client

Bryon Ruxton bryon at slearth.com
Sat May 1 14:50:07 PDT 2010

Is that thing really exploiting a quicktime hack?
I.e. Trying to protect Computer Crimes Law by violating the very same laws.
If so, isn't that against the LL TOS and shouldn't it be taken down by LL?
The below reviews have me raising eyebrows...

https://www.xstreetsl.com/modules.php?name=Marketplace&file=item&ItemID=2138
424&allReviews=1#reviews

"Sandrina Koolhoven on 2010-03-22
27 of 71 members found this review helpful.
"THIS system is indeed using a hack through Quicktime that gains access to a
persons hard drive. This system has been torn down and looked at. Scanning
yours or my HDD is a clear violation of USA Privacy laws and only LL has a
right to know who your alts are, not the designer of this system."...

Dekadance Mint on 2010-03-17
79 of 165 members found this review helpful.
"Easiest method to avoid detection by this device requires no compiling or
programming, just add "-noquicktime" into the short cut, and this device
can't detect you untill Skills finds a new method of detection. I say this
tidbit of info because the appeal process is atrocious and horrible from my
experience."