[opensource-dev] Possible glitch in TPV identification procedure

Zabb65 zabb65 at gmail.com
Wed May 5 15:11:49 PDT 2010

Channel name is a persistent saved setting. Meaning if you log in under a
viewer that sets its channel in the saved settings file, but does not use
one of its own(settings file), the normal viewer will continue to identify
itself as that viewer. Until you remove the entry yourself, by either
clearing your settings files, or by hand, this will always happen.

I've notified LL about this problem once or twice before, but nothing
appears to have been done about it. Marking the channel entry as non
persistent would be enough to mitigate the problem caused here, in the
app_settings/settings.xml file.

The reason this does not occur for the normal viewer, and spread to TPV
clients is because only settings that have been changed from their defaults
are written into the users settings.