[opensource-dev] Migrating open development focus to 2.x

Aleric Inglewood aleric.inglewood at gmail.com
Fri May 28 08:59:25 PDT 2010

Hi Oz,

I already communicated this clearly to merov, but I'll summarize it here:

As you can see from
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AgvC7hm5YZqcdHVXb05iTE0wTFc0bWptTW4tOTZuS3c&hl=en&ui=2#gid=0
all my patches larger than one line, being

VWR-14914 (SNOW-673)
SNOW-84 (SNOW-546),
SNOW-103 (SNOW-688),
SNOW-240,
SNOW-129 (SNOW-670)
SNOW-408,
SNOW-477,
VWR-12984 (SNOW-643)

were like .. ignored.

Merov ported VWR-14914, and I even helped with two others
because my friends started porting it... but basically:

I'm not stupid and I try not to make the same mistake twice.
Therefore, I won't port my patches to 2.0 (for them to be ignored,
again in 3.0 or God knows), certainly not considering that I'm
not even using 2.0 (for reasons pointed out by others).

So, to answer your question, in order to get me to contribute
to 2.0 Linden Lab will have to get their payed coders to port
my patches to 2.0 external (not SG, but the real thing), AND
fix the UI of 2.0 so it becomes interesting for me to use it
instead of 1.x).