[opensource-dev] [JIRA] VWR-23670 - Enhance the Nearby list to make it a full-fledged radar replacement

Ricky kf6kjg at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 17:20:19 PDT 2010

I just created https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-23670 and 10
subtasks to document and provide a guiding single-purpose idea
consolidation for the concept I've heard voiced many times about how
the Nearby list should be made into a good radar system.  As far as I
can tell, all the needed information is already supplied to the
viewer, it just needs an output on the UI.

The concept is presented through (currently) 10 subtasks, as each
separate enhancement is independent of the others and provides a
useful upgrade all on its own.

And, again, I wish I had the time to make patches for some of these,
as most seem fairly trivial.  But I'm working on my Bachelors in Game
and Simulation programming at the moment, and the school is running me
hard! :P  Thankfully only a year or so to go though!

Ricky
Cron Stardust