[opensource-dev] Daily Scrum Summary - Tuesday, November 2nd

Anya Kanevsky akanevsky at productengine.com
Tue Nov 2 15:26:33 PDT 2010

*Date: **Tue**, **Nov **2*

*== GENERAL NOTES ==*
* Merge Monkey of the Day: Merov
* IMPORTANT: Please remember - when merging your fixes into Beta, you must
also pull them into viewer-development immediately after.
* If you take a bug off any of the bug queues, please move it to the current
sprint.
* When you pick up an issue in current sprint, please set a time estimate
before you start working on it.

*== DAILY SCRUM ==*

*=== Merov ===*
PAST
* Merge Monkeying and code reviews
* Prepare sprint 7 meeting
* STORM-420 : Took feedback from Andrew into account, readied for review

FUTURE
* STORM-105 : Perf gathering: get and post data comparing llkdu (base), kdu
statically linked and openjpeg
* STORM-104: kdu upgrade: commit the static linking changes to dev repo
* Merge Monkeying and code reviews

IMPEDIMENTS
* Latest KDU bits: still waiting...

=*==**Oz** Linden**==**=*
*PAST*
* More testing of getNextFileInDir
** Found one pre-existing bug
* Third Party Viewer Developer meeting
* Consulted w/ Wolfpup

*FUTURE*
* Continue pursuit of KDU bits
* Working on TPV Directory

*IMPEDIMENTS*
* none

*=== Q **Linden**===*
*PAST*
* triage
* meetings
* ooo

*FUTURE*
* meetings / planning
* display names stuff
* beta

*IMPEDIMENTS*
* None

*=== Esbee Linden ===*
*PAST*
* Triage
* Sprint Retrospective/Review meeting
* Prep for Sprint 7 Planning
* Prefs design work

*FUTURE*
* Preferences design work
* VWR Triage
* Meetings a-go-go

*IMPEDIMENTS*
* ..."If I could save time in a bottle, the first thing that I'd like to
do"...

*=== Paul ProductEngine===*
*PAST:*
* BUG STORM-241 ([TRANSLATED BUT IN EN] - all langs - EN string in inventory
folder name and tooltip: "Favorites")
** Tested & resolved as cannot reproduce
* BUG STORM-288 (New name resets to old if change it on 'Item Profile' panel
while fetching inventory)
** Tested and sent for a review
* BUG STORM-450 (Incorrect help contexts for Sidebar People tab)
** WIP. Investigating. Searching for a cause of the problem. Can't give
estimates yet.

*FUTURE:*
*  BUG STORM-450 (Incorrect help contexts for Sidebar People tab)

*IMPEDIMENTS:*
* none

*=**== Seth Productengine ===*
*PAST:*
* BUG (STORM-184) Save is enabled for outfits consisting of original items
** Tested fix. Sent for integration.
* BUG (STORM-283) Unable to drag some objects from Library into COF folder
** Fixed. Sent for review.
* BUG (STORM-287) Unable to drag outfit folder from Library into COF folder
** Fixed. Sent for review.

*FUTURE*
* BUG (STORM-133) Scroller doesn't follow the cursor if cursor is being
moved by keyboard arrow buttons
** Estimated: 4-6 hours

I*MPEDIMENTS:*
* none

*=== Andrew Productengine ===*
*PAST:*
* Major bug STORM-404 (Viewer crashes if try to create new group while data
about previous group is retrieved)
** Found the source of the problem, put fix on review.
* Normal bug STORM-420 (Port SNOW-322 to SG2.0: Improve double-click
handling of the MiniMap)
** Reviewed, found a problem and some questions arose. Assigned back to
Merov.
* Critical bug STORM-472 (Crash decoding jpg image)
** Investigating. This crash is gonna be a tough one.

*FUTURE:*
* STORM-404.
* Other tickets by priority.

*IMPEDIMENTS:*
* none

*=== Vadim Productengine ===*
*PAST:*
* Bug STORM-488 (Place profile opens instead of Object profile if click on
object SLURL in the plain text chat log):
** Investigated why it was reopened, then set back to fixed.
* Major bug STORM-439 (Memory leak in LLUIString):
**
Reviewed and merged a 3rd-party fix.
* Major bug STORM-422 (disable crashlogger via client parameters):
** Reviewed a 3rd-party fix, found an issue, investigating.

*FUTURE*
* Bug STORM-422: Complete investigation and submit fix.
* Get more bugs from the backlogs.
* Pick something from the v-d bug queue.

*IMPEDIMENTS:*
* Question: Shouldn't we move STORM-135 to LEAP?
* Impediment: PE team needs more tickets to work on.

*=== Andrey Productengine ===*
*PAST:*
* continued with v-d regression testing, switched to build 213450. See
spreadsheet.
* covered about ~800 cases from 886
* verified integrated tickets

*FUTURE:*
*  switch to Beta2?

*IMPEDIMENTS:*
* none

*=== Anya ===*
Impediments - Resolved!
* Half the bugs in v-d bug queue are bugs we've been putting off for various
reasons.  Examples:

*STORM-135 (*Hi-Rez snapshot broken in Viewer 2.1.1*):
** We don't know how to fix this.  It can take a significant amount of time
(like, a sprint or more) to figure this out.  Best candidate is the LEAP
team / Richard.
- moved to ECC with comment that it needs rework and is outside of STORM
expertise

* STORM-198 (*[I18N] [CORRUPTED CHARACTERS] - FRENCH "é", "ç" showing as a
space*):
** Don't know how to fix this.  Don't know who would know - maybe Q can take
a look?
- Assigned to Q

* STORM-193 (*Duplicated items created in My Outfits upon 'Save' invoked for
an outfit containing non-link items*):
** Sergei commented that this can only be fixed after VWR-21811, which
hasn't been touched since August.
- moved out of queue

* STORM-220 (*Date not localized in the Group Profile / General table*):
** Erica comments not to worry too much about this. Side effects of this fix
outweigh the fix in our opinion.  I would close as won't fix.
- closed as won't finish.

* STORM-194 (*'Show' button of inventory offer doesn't open 'My Inventory'
SP...*):
** Seraph wasn't happy with this fix alsmost 3 months ago and was going to
dig around himself.  He probably forgot about it in lieu of more important
stuff. Should either be reassigned to him or fix should be re-reviewed...
- Rereviewd. Back to Seth to apply fix.

6 tickets remain.  None are straightforward, but are also not enough for a
normal load for the team.  Some more tickets and some feature work would be
great!
- Sprint planning today took care of that!