[opensource-dev] Request for feedback - Preferences Cleanup

Hitomi Tiponi hitomi.tiponi at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Nov 4 13:36:41 PDT 2010

Thanks for the Preferences mock-up (must say that I rather like the anime look
of them :)) - some really sensible stuff there.
Suggestions (all currently in Debug Settings):

	* Chat - adjustable life and fade times for Startup, IM and Group popups - I
find they are too short for me to spot sometimes
	* Chat - Add in spinners to alter the number of times that IM tabs flash and
the rate at which they flash at

	* Advanced - Move 'UI Size' slider to Graphics as KL and myself have done - it
fits more naturally there
	* Graphics->Hardware - allow forcing on of Antialiasing (as the Viewer GPU
presets often gets this wrong) or better still fix the presets :)

	* Move & View - put in spinners for amount of head movement
	* Move & View - Checkbox to allow double-click point-move in-world as an
alternative to double-click teleport (which is welcome)

	* Move & View - Checkbox for 'Number keys move avatar'

	* Privacy - Check-box to select option to also create user-readable chat logs
(as others have suggested)
	* Advanced - Checkbox for 'Show Grid Selection at login'

	* Advanced - Checkbox for 'Disable Camera Constraints'

	* Advanced - Checkbox for 'Limit the distance I can select objects at' and
sliders/spinners for selection distance and amount you can drag in one step
	* Advanced - Checkbox for 'Show UI in snapshots'