[opensource-dev] Request for feedback - Preferences Cleanup

Sarah (Esbee) Kuehnle esbee at lindenlab.com
Fri Nov 5 08:10:24 PDT 2010

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'm working on some updates to the pdf
right now and will send that out for further review later today!

I can't promise all the suggested additions will go into the prefs, but I'll
definitely look at each one as I'm making updates.

A few responses to those who's provided feedback so far:

@Marine - 1) The text chat logs have been fixed in 2.3 beta. 2) We changed
the label from "Mute" to "Block" early on in V2 because our user testing
indicated new users were confused about what "Mute" means and understood
"Block" because it's used commonly in other communication tools.

@GeneJ - That for the reminder on that typo. It was pointed out in my OH the
other week and I needed a good kick to remember to fix it! :)

@Wolfpup - We're just talking about skinning for now. In the meantime, I'm
just gathering color options in one place. But you're right - future
skinning preferences will likely require a restart before changes would take
effect.

@Erin - I've taken note of your request for the numerical debug settings for
sculpties. I'm not sure they make sense in this preference cleanup I'm doing
now, but will be useful when I can focus my team on a sprint focused on
content creation as some point in the near future. As far as local lights
go, they've actually been added back in on the Mesh Project Viewer
(SH-157<https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SH-157>)
(which will eventually be added into the main Second Life Viewer). I'll take
a look at the other tickets you referenced today.

@Hitomi - Thanks for the additional settings. I'll review these this morning
and see what makes sense to incorporate. That's a great list!

More updates from me soon!

--Esbee