[opensource-dev] Directory named "$(CONFIGURATION)" (was: No rule to make target)

Boroondas Gupte sllists at boroon.dasgupta.ch
Tue Nov 9 01:04:05 PST 2010

On 11/09/2010 08:12 AM, Ricky wrote:
> Trying to compile viewer_development a60d3b118c76 (tip as of the time
> of this message) I get the following error:
>
> make[2]: *** No rule to make target
> `sharedlibs//PROJECT_llmath_TEST_llbboxlocal', needed by
> `llmath/PROJECT_llmath_TEST_llbboxlocal_ok.txt'.  Stop.
>
> The folder linden/indra/sharedlibs/ contains the following:
> $(CONFIGURATION)	Debug			RelWithDebInfo		Release			Resources
>
> Looks like a misconfig in the build system; I don't think that there
> should be a folder named "$(CONFIGURATION)" in that directory.  Maybe
> someone typed single quotes when they intended to use double quotes?
Maybe caused by changesets 2626
<http://bitbucket.org/lindenlab/viewer-development/changeset/7428efe715e1#chg-indra/cmake/Linking.cmake_newline25>/2627
<http://bitbucket.org/lindenlab/viewer-development/changeset/c72a96980f2e#chg-indra/cmake/Linking.cmake_newline25>?
Though those are one year old, now. So if it's them, Mac builders should
be having this problem ever since 2.0 ...

Cheers,
Boroondas