[opensource-dev] Directory named "$(CONFIGURATION)" (was: No rule to make target)

Ricky kf6kjg at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 20:14:56 PST 2010

The issue then is that the default generator for simply running "cmake
." is makefiles.  May I suggest then that since the build system makes
assumptions about the default generator on each platform, that the
default generator be selected per platform?  Then the "fast and easy"
method for a developer, especially a naive one, would  be to simply
run "cmake ." read the notification that it built for Xcode (or
whatever the platform default is), and then proceed from there using
that tool.

Just a thought,
Ricky
Cron Stardust

PS: I think my problem is that I'm a Linux/KDE guy using a Mac...
Even after much tweaking of the GUI and OS, it still doesn't work the
way I think.. :P