[opensource-dev] Snowglobe 2 and strange sound issue

Vex Streeter vexstreeter at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 12:59:27 PST 2010

I'm having a strange problem on a home-built snowglobe 2 with sound...
or rather lack thereof:  scripted sounds don't result in any audible
output.  Environmental sounds work find (footsteps, wind, etc),
streaming works (radio), and voice works... but if I click that bell,
nothing happens.  The thing that is really baffling me is that if I
select a sound from inventory and "play locally" it plays fine, but
"play in world" does nothing.

Any hints or thoughts would be most welcome.  I'm running a slightly
modified variation of Snowglobe 2 on windowsxp (32bit), compiled with
VS8/2005.  Ring any bells?

Thanks much,
     Vex