[opensource-dev] Dynamic shadows and ATI

Laurent Bechir laurent.bechir at madonie.org
Thu Nov 18 08:01:51 PST 2010

Dave Booth a écrit :
> On 11/13/2010 06:04, Laurent Bechir wrote:
>> Is it a hardware problem of ATI or just a software problem that can be
>> solved by SL developers ?
>
> ATIs drivers have bugs - ATI + OpenGL FBOs = crash or render artifacts
> or both.

Who is responsible in that case ? Apple or ATI/AMD ? Because if there is
no solution for this problem, Mac computers will not have dynamic
shadows before a long time since they are all shipped with ATI cards. So
I'd like to try to contact the support of the one in charge and see if
something can be done.