[opensource-dev] Daily Scrum Summary - Thursday, November 18

Anya Kanevsky akanevsky at productengine.com
Thu Nov 18 11:05:12 PST 2010

*Thursday, November 18, 2010*

*General Notes*

   - Merge Monkey of the Day: Oz
   - Q is OOO this morning

*Team Status*

*Merov Linden*

*PAST*

   - STORM-146: kdu-autobuild: Fixed Windows packaging issues. Fixed Linux
   build issues. All platforms covered! W00t!! Uploaded results to a spot
   install.py can download from.
   - STORM-151: kdu static link: Updated install.xml with new libs, local
   Mac tests only so far.

*FUTURE*

   - STORM-146: kdu-autobuild: I also need to build linux 64 bits. Will do
   that today.
   - STORM-151: kdu static link: Do test build for Windows and Linux 32.
   Will work on compression if time allows.

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - None

*Oz Linden*

*PAST*

   - Merge Monkeying Around (STORM-627)
   - Office Hour
   - Code Review System (STORM-606)
      - Installed components, configuring
   - Looked at my recent crash logs

*FUTURE*

   - Look more at crash logs
   - Assorted administrative activities
   - Continue with setting up Code Review system
   - Merge Monkeying

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - none

*Q Linden*

   - OOO

*Esbee Linden*

*PAST*

   - Office hour and meetings
   - Review
   - [STORM-560] Provided more feedback to Andrew from PE about Mouselook
   and chat focus implementation.
   - [STORM-535] Asked for clarification around next steps on this task
   - Updated various other tickets
   - VWR Triage
   - Ticket prioritization

*FUTURE*

   - Work on internal reporting documents
   - [STORM-537] Update and publish (publicly) the keyboard shortcut doc
   - [STORM-539] Finish draft of prim alignment tool design
   - [STORM-34] Create quick design doc
   - VWR Triage
   - Ticket prioritization
   - Backlog cleanup

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - none

*Paul ProductEngine*

*PAST*

   - TASK STORM-593 (Make transparent texteditor and lineeditor)
      - WIP. Within this task i try to fix the whole problem when some
      floaters are transparent, some partially transparent. Found out when it's
      happens. Tomorrow will search for the solution. Estimate ~16 hours.

*FUTURE*

   - TASK STORM-593 (Make transparent texteditor and lineeditor)

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - none

*Seth Productengine*

*PAST*

   - TASK (STORM-584) Fix color and opacity setting for Bubble Chat
      - WIP. Investigating implementation variant suggested in jira. Asked
      one more question to Esbee.
   - BUG (STORM-316) Debug: Inventory.Folders by Name/Sort by Date/Sort by
   Name/System Folders to Top Do not apply and settings changes do not persist
   after relogging.
      - Fixed. Sent for review.

*FUTURE*
- BUG (STORM-189) [TRUNCATION] many langs - select build tools dialog

    - Estimated: 6 hours.

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - TASK (STORM-584) Fix color and opacity setting for Bubble Chat

Asked one more question in jira, waiting for final confirmation from Esbee.

*Andrew Productengine*

*PAST*

   - Major task STORM-576 (Add a Preference to allow users to enable
   double-click to teleport or use auto-pilot).
      - Tested, found flaws in fix and changed implementation. Discussed
      with Vadim. Will add comments in code and put on bitbucket in
the morning.
   - Reopened normal task STORM-582 (Take movement and camera control
   preferences from Advanced and move them to the new Move & View tab)
      - Fixed and put on review.
   - Critical task STORM-560 (Add Preference that allows users to select
   default behavior when pressing letter keys).
      - Had a lengthy discussion with Vadim. Words weren't enough to finish
      it :)) So we applied my fix patches to viewer, and decided which
one to use.
      Will finish the chosen one tomorrow. Estimate- 5 hours.

*FUTURE*

   - Critical task STORM-560 (Add Preference that allows users to select
   default behavior when pressing letter keys).

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - Something new from sprint 8 or bug-queue.

*Vadim Productengine*

*PAST*

   - Story STORM-40 (Enable texture selector to scroll down to existing
   texture when opening):
      - Investigated. Not sure what the problem is. Asked in the ticket.
   - Bug STORM-622 (Texture picker screws up when multiple textures are
   opened):
      - In progress.
   - Discussed recent color changes in nearby chat history/toasts with
   Andrey.
   - Code review.

*FUTURE*

   - Complete work on STORM-622. ETA: 4-5h.
   - Pick something from the v-d bug queue.

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - Need an answer in STORM-40.
   - Unclear what new stories we can take from sprint 8 (that don't require
   design work first).

*Andrey Productengine*

*Jonathan Yap*

*PAST*

   - Tested STORM-138 (llTextBox support) and wrote a few jira comments.
   - Sent email to Esbee about VWR-23871 (menu adjustment for Neaby Voice).
   - Implemented and tested STORM-616 (Me/Movement menu).
   - Started to collect translations of "Movement" into other languages from
   native speakers.

*FUTURE*

   - Implement STORM-616 for foreign languages?

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - Need feedback on foreign language policy.
      - Are xml files to be changed by me or the internationalization team?
      I only need one word (Movement) in order to proceed.