[opensource-dev] STORM-151 : KDU v6.4.1 upgrade update

Trilo Byte trilobyte550m at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 21:11:09 PST 2010

Installation went without a hitch, and wow, the performance improvement for texture loading is noticeable!  Just logging in at my studio (high altitude private space) texture loading was near instantaneous.  I then teleported to a few different locations at ground level, ranging from low density (fewer prims, judicious use of textures and sculpts) to high density (lots of prims, excessive use of sculpties and high resolution textures) builds, the experience was overwhelmingly positive.

Loading textures from inventory did not seem improved over previous versions (if anything it may have been slower).  I'm not sure if the KDU upgrade wouldn't affect that, something still needs to be tuned, or if the asset server was just misbehaving.

Also worth noting that Name Tags work in your build, something that's been broken in the main snowstorm development snapshots since 215139.

Overall though, great progress.  I look forward to this getting refined and brought in as soon as possible.

Trilo