[opensource-dev] Autoupdater Flashback

Brad Kittenbrink (Brad Linden) brad at lindenlab.com
Tue Nov 30 13:34:13 PST 2010

Oops, thanks for the heads-up.

The background updater is new in viewer 2.4 (as it's not released in beta
yet, it doesn't have release notes yet, so sorry for the surprise).
Yesterday we deployed the server side work in preparation for the beginning
of the 2.4 beta releases, and it turned on.  Unfortunately we hadn't been
paying attention to the Second Life Development channel, and there was some
obsolete data in the database.

Anyways, thanks again for testing this for us.  We should be getting it
fixed shortly.

-Brad