[opensource-dev] Overview of JPEG 2000 codec

Lance Corrimal Lance.Corrimal at eregion.de
Fri Oct 1 01:54:31 PDT 2010

Am Freitag, 1. Oktober 2010, 10:26:46 schrieb Yoz Grahame:

> Another format referenced in the discussion is JPEG-XR (originally released
> as "HD Photo" by Microsoft, now an ISO standard), which has all of the
> above features. It might be worth doing a comparison, bearing in mind that
> compression/quality ratio is not the only thing we care about.

did you ever notice how may people are online in SL only at the beginning of
the month?

...yes, that's because their connection gets capped after a few days of SL
usage... because SL kicks up even more traffic than downloading pirated music
0.o

or in other words, minimizing traffic through higher compression of textures
could be a nice thing.

bye,
LC