[opensource-dev] 2.0 Absolute Dealbreaker - script count feature request

Erik Anderson erikba at odysseus.anderson.name
Fri Oct 1 19:05:41 PDT 2010

I hate to break in like this, but we're discussing how inaccurate it is for
Mono scripts to contribute a different multiple than LSL scripts, but in the
end aren't we just counting scripts?  Would it be more accurate to report a
script count and let the user do whatever multiple they want, and then later
when there's a better number out there for memory usage release that as a
new number?  If any assumptions are made by the scriptor at that point they
know where the accuracy lies...