[opensource-dev] Question about LOD debug setting

Henri Beauchamp sldev at free.fr
Sun Oct 3 16:46:24 PDT 2010

On Sun, 3 Oct 2010 13:37:49 -0400, Ponzu wrote:

> I picked up a notecard that says to increase RenderVolumeLODFactor to 4.  Is
> this reasonable, do you think?  And if so, why not increase the default a
> bit (currently seems to be 1.125

4 is OK for viewer v1.23.5. For Snowglobe (v1 and v2) and viewer 2, you
should not use more than 3, because when using larger values, you will
get graphic glitches with very small prims, especially with attachments:
zooming out, they will vanish (as expected), but zooming back in, they
will stay hidden 4 times out of 5 (zooming fast out and back in may
get the small primes to appear again)...

Henri.